Thursday, July 18, 2013

New furniture

Yesterday, we had something new on Liam's daily report from daycare...he decided to start learning to use the potty!  He had been watching one of the older boys do it and apparently decided it looked like fun.  So to encourage him, we went last night and Liam picked out a potty for us to have at home.  It is currently a fabulous new addition to our kitchen area, although I suspect at some point it will eventually (I hope) migrate to one of the bathrooms.


We got not only the Elmo toilet, but the book "Potty Time with Elmo", so between Jessie at daycare and Elmo, we are in good shape.  I'm not sure I'm ready for this though, wasn't quite on my radar yet.  At the same time, we'll go with what Liam wants and let him set the pace here...I can't say I would miss diapers :)

I also learned last night that 1) I will be that mom who goes to multiple stores in order to find the Elmo potty...even Wal-Mart, 2) Wal-Mart does a good job of putting irresistible items at the eye-level of a child riding in a cart and that 3) I am apparently a pushover when it comes to a new truck and a giant Curious George coloring book!

No comments:

Post a Comment